Team Defending: Technical PracticeWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a small square grid.
Play 4v2 keep-away.
Any player who gives away possession becomes a defender. Whichever defender has been in the middle the longest is the next one out.
The first pass is free.
- Who applies pressure?
- Who provides cover? Where?
- Who is providing balance? Where?
- When to drop?
- When to step up?
- What should be the angle of approach?
- How fast to approach?
- What is the distance of approach?
- What is the angle of recovery?
- How to get compact when the ball is wide?
- How to get compact when the ball is central?