Team Defending: Small-Sided GameWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a ~30x20 grid. Add two small goals on each end-line.
Play 3v3, with a neutral player always helping the attacking team.
- Who applies pressure?
- Who provides cover? Where?
- Who is providing balance? Where?
- When to drop?
- When to step up?
- What should be the angle of approach?
- How fast to approach?
- What is the distance of approach?
- What is the angle of recovery?
- How to get compact when the ball is wide?
- How to get compact when the ball is central?