Final Third Combinations: Warm-UpWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a ~30x20 grid.
Place half the players around the perimeter of the grid and the other half inside the grid with a ball each.
The players inside the square will dribble and look to play a combination with a player on the outside of the square.
The coach will show the players the following combinations: wall passes, overlaps, and take-overs.
- When do we pass to our teammate where do we play the ball?
- What is your body position to receive the ball?
- What surface do we use to pass the ball?
- When should you use one touch?
- When do you check to receive the ball?
- When should you pass?
- When should you dribble?
- When do we penetrate quickly?
- When and how should we combine with our teammates to get a scoring chance?
- How can we quickly move the ball, or combine to find space and positive numbers?
- How can you receive the ball into space and away from defenders?
- What should be the angle of support?
- How can you attack quickly and catch the defending team numbers down?