Final Third Combinations: Small-Sided GameWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up on half a field. Place a goal on the end-line and one on the halfway-line.
Mark out the thirds of the pitch.
Play 4v4 plus GKs.
Teams start with 1 attacker in the final third and 1 defender in their own defensive third. Remaining players start in the midfield third.
Players can advance out of their zone by combining with a teammate.
- When do we pass to our teammate where do we play the ball?
- What is your body position to receive the ball?
- What surface do we use to pass the ball?
- When should you use one touch?
- When do you check to receive the ball?
- When should you pass?
- When should you dribble?
- When do we penetrate quickly?
- When and how should we combine with our teammates to get a scoring chance?
- How can we quickly move the ball, or combine to find space and positive numbers?
- How can you receive the ball into space and away from defenders?
- What should be the angle of support?
- How can you attack quickly and catch the defending team numbers down?