Final Third Combinations: 2v2 Skill PracticeWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a ~30x20 grid. Add a small goal to each end-line.
Play 2v2 with 2 neutral players.
The 2 neutral players play for the attacking team to create a diamond shape.
1 point for each regular goal. 5 points for every goal scored after a combination.
Play to 15 or 20.
- When do we pass to our teammate where do we play the ball?
- What is your body position to receive the ball?
- What surface do we use to pass the ball?
- When should you use one touch?
- When do you check to receive the ball?
- When should you pass?
- When should you dribble?
- When do we penetrate quickly?
- When and how should we combine with our teammates to get a scoring chance?
- How can we quickly move the ball, or combine to find space and positive numbers?
- How can you receive the ball into space and away from defenders?
- What should be the angle of support?
- How can you attack quickly and catch the defending team numbers down?