Creating Chances From Wide Areas: Warm-UpWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a ~20x20 grid. Place a ball on each side-line.
All players start on the perimeter of the grid.
Players with a ball pass across the grid to any open player. The passer follows their pass.
Every 90 seconds change the pattern:
- Round 2: you cannot pass to anyone directly across from you.
- Round 3: after your pass, you do not follow your pass but you must move to a new side of the field.
- Round 4: coach may introduce a combination into the pattern.
Use as many balls as the players can manage successfully.
- How can you receive the ball to change directions?
- Why is it important to get your first touch away from your body?
- What is the advantage of playing the ball on the ground?
- When would playing the ball through the air make sense?