Creating Chances From Central Areas: Scoring PatternsWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a pitch with a large goal on the end-line and another large goal on the halfway-line.
4 players combine in front of goal, ending with a cross in to the penalty area or shot on goal.
The coach can demonstrate patterns or allow players to design their own 'plays'.
- What determines the type of pass you will utilize? What part of your foot?
- What makes a good pass?
- What do players do before receiving a ball?
- How should a player's body be when receiving? Where is their first touch?
- When do players off the ball make their run/check to the ball?
- How do you commit a defender towards the ball?
- How does an attacking team know when to attack in the central channel?
- When and how to penetrate?
- Where and when to support
- When, where and why to make runs?
- How and why to use improvisation?