Build Up Through Thirds: 4v4 GameWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a field with a small goals on each end-line.
Mark out the middle third.
Play 4v4. Teams start in a 1-2-1 formation.
If the ball is won in the defensive third, teams must play into the midfield third before they can shoot on goal.
Goal = 1 point.
Goal after combination play = 5 points.
- How are players off the ball creating space in the attack?
- What attacking shape should we have?
- What will a player on the ball take into consideration when deciding to advance the ball?
- How are the receiving player’s body positions?
- Where should their first touch be?