Ball Manipulation: 3v3 to Attacking ZonesWatch this video on thecoachingmanual.com
Set-up a ~40x30 grid.
3 players on each team try to score in their opponent’s goal.
The teams score by dribbling into the attacking zone and scoring:
- Dribble goal = 50 points
- Pass goal = 1 point
The defending team can have one defender recover into the attacking zone to defend against the dribbler. However, defenders are not allowed to remain in the zone.
- How can you use all surfaces of the foot? (inside, outside, laces, sole, toe, heel)
- How do you keep the ball close and in control?
- How/when do you use the outside of the foot and the laces for speed to beat an opponent?
- How do you execute a feint to unbalance the defender and dribble past him/her with a burst of speed?
- What are the Visual Cues to take on opponent?
- Free space in front
- 1v1 with no defender behind
- Near the box
- What are the Verbal Cues?
- "Take space"
- "Take him on"
- When and why do you attack the defender at pace?
- How and where can you be creative and take risks?
- How do you set the defender up?